The highly anticipated Battle Of Legends between legendary singers Bebe Cool and Jose Chameleone has been called off, at least for this year.
With Bebe Cool’s annunciation that he will be holding his major concert in August this year, the speculations about the possibility of the Battle Of Legends taking place this year was out to halt. Bebe Cool, a.k.a Moses Ssali made the big announcement on Monday and made it clear that the only major concert for him will be his ‘Golden Hearts‘ concert that will be held on 3rd August 2018 at Kampala Serena Hotel. The ‘Want It’ singer had been reluctant to respond to his rival’s dare when Chameleone urged to face him off in a battle. In response to this however, Bebe Cool just made it clear that he was not buying any of that, and that he is concentrating on organizing a very successful concert later this year.
Both parties asked for a huge sums of money from the promoters that were spearheading the race to organize this very much anticipated battle. Chameleone is said to have asked for over UGX 200M, and Bebe Cool is said to have been discussing an amount close to that as well. This led to the promoters pulling out of the contract talks about the battle.
Jose Chameleone on the other hand will be attending the France-Uganda Friendship & Cultural Exchange celebrations to be held at Kyadondo Rugby Grounds on 24th March, and it is believed that he is taking a break from as he will not be organizing any concert this year after a successful Hit After Hit concert in 2017.
A section of fans had actually already put it into analysis that the occurrence of this battle will be the end of an era, arguing it out that it is the only thing left of these two legends and hence the last nail in the coffin for the already fading generation of artistes.