Veteran sports analyst Aldrine Nsubuga launched a scorching attack against city Pastor Martin Sempa after learning that he was up in arms against Bobi Wine over his latest song Tuliyambala Engule.
In his post, Mr Nsubuga defended Bobi Wine in all angles and corners as he advised Pastor Martin Sempa only to appreciate how creative and intelligent Bobi Wine is and should rise up his hands and say Amen.
Below is Aldrine Nsubaga’s full attack against Pastor Martin Sempa.
Hello musumba Martin Sempa (a friend of mine from old days by the way) ….I’ve learnt that you are up in arms with a certain song called ‘Tuliyambala Engule’ by BW. You may ignore others but I know you can’t ignore me..we come a long way.The statement reads in the beginning
A couple of questions for you.
1) Were the words ‘Tuliyambala Engule’ invented by the church? Aren’t those Luganda words just put together to mean something? If so, are they worldly or christian?
2) Did God write the so called ‘original’ christian version of ‘Tuliyambala Engule?’ I ask this because you used the word ‘blasphemy’
3) Bobi Wine’s ‘Tuliyambala Engule’ is his original version.True or false?
4) What have you been doing for the past 30+ years of your ministry life ….if your version of Tuliyambala Engule is as old as christian tradition and you are so passionate about the ministry, how come you didn’t make it a personal mission to popularise it to the extent that by now it should have become a national anthem?
You wait until BW creates his original version , he lauches it, it sounds so beautiful in your ears and then you wish you had done this 2000 years ago??
My message to you my old friend;
1) Stick to the message of the gospel. It doesn’t include judging or planting seeds of hatred.
2) I hope jealousy or envy is not playing a part here. It’s the same God who gave this kid talent. Incredible talent of creativity. Praise God for it instead.
3) This season Liverpool will win the Premier League and am already writing the ‘Tuliyambala Engule’ version for Liverpool for use later this season. Where do you place me in the line of blasphemous humans? Where do you place Liverpool fans around the world already humming to the tune?
4) Out there people dont know what a talented artist you are…musician, dancer, actor..one of the best I’ve ever worked with in the business and ministry. You surely know talent when you meet one especially when it is music talent….Martin!!! Try listening to Liverpool’s ‘ You Will Never Walk Alone’ anthem..the lyrics…you will swear they were taken straight from the bible and the director was God. The words are all spiritually inspiring. But that’s just a football club….It’s called creativity.
Finally pastor, a piece of advise. Don’t retract your statements, I know you can’t….but try taking your original christian version (not BW original version) to a new level and re-launch it. Give it the spiritual tonality and pray for it. Do clips and share them across the spectrum. Give copies to FM stations and Tv stations..rally christians behind it and push…..soon Ugandans will be listening to 2 versions and believe me, they will each choose which version to relate with. Its called competition. The same thing churches are doing…each putting out a different message and waiting for christians to decide which church..
God remains the same.
Stay away from this business of judging a young man whose only problem is excess creativity. I think this is the calling for everyone…mske use of the talent that God gave you. We shall all be held accountable. Isnt there a particular scripture for this in the new testament? Talent is biblical. Its Godly.
The kid is a talent. Hold your hands up pastor Martin and say Amen.
I love you pastor. Remember our good old days when we celebrated our talents. That’s the you I know. Let this BW kid be.