Miss curvy pageant organizers have been handed a two-day deadline to complete the payment of the old Jeep Cherokee – UAL 810Y that was given to the winner Belinda Nansaasi a few months ago.

The deadline was issued by a car dealer identified as Hamid Kamanzi who claimed that the pageant organizers led by Anne Mungoma approached him in dire need of a car towards the event.

After negotiating, they zeroed down on the Jeep Cherokee which he was selling at Shs 16m. The organizers promised to buy the car on the D-Day using money from gate collections.

Brenda Nansaasi won the Miss Curvy pageant 2019

But since the event ended, Kamanzi claims that he has not seen any money in accordance to the agreement they signed of receiving a 60% payment on the night and the remaining 40% later on.

Kamanzi further claimed that whenever he contacted Anne (Mungoma) about the payment, she kept on referring him to Minister Godfrey Kiwanda whom she said would pay for the car but in vain.

He has now issued two days as grace period before deadline on Friday for the Miss curvy organizers to clear the debt or face being sued.

Funny enough, reports reaching our gossip desk reveal that the pageant winner Nansaasi has never enjoyed the privilege because the car has never been handed over to her officially.

Read Also: PHOTOS | Belinda Nansasi crowned as Miss curvy winner 2019

Solomon Mwesigwa

Easy but not talkative, Music Lover, DM for any leads in local entertainment.

Leave a comment