Pay TV giant, DStv are poised to ramp up their local content offering after revealing their plans to commission an authentic Ugandan family drama that will target middle class families.
The yet to drama that will air on Pearl Magic TV is intended to be original, authentic, simple, light-hearted, unique, relevant, and sensitive to Ugandan cultural and societal norms.
Pearl Magic is a general entertainment channel on DSTV Channel 161. It targets lower middle-class to middle-class Ugandans aged between 18-45 years.
DStv who recently slashed their prices by about 40% as a response to the COVID-19 financial squeeze on Ugandan viewers, made the announcement detailing their requirements for the upcoming drama.
Pearl Magic is now seeking to commission an authentic Ugandan 60x30min TV Drama targeting Ugandan middle class families.
Pearl Magic audience would be intrigued by either of the two below:
- Emotionally sweeping and engaging family drama capturing the typical family struggles as sparked by economic pressures, finances, children, extended family and infidelity and or family secrets.
- A high octane fast paced relationship drama built on a web of lies, money, insecurity, infidelity and societal pressures, where both parties push each other to breaking point.
Pearl Magic emphasizes that original concepts should be reflective of our audience’s daily lives and experiences while taking an exciting new angle with well plotted storylines and rounded characters.
Concepts should be over-arching and not stand-alone episodes with a definitive ending. The tone should be edgy, gripping and entertaining. The story-lines and pace must have nail-biting tension that will keep the audience glued to the TV screen.
Below are the requirements for the proposal:
- A Pilot episode.
- Full Budget (with all Production Line items included).
- Show-reel of previous content produced (include dates and broadcasting station)
- List of previous productions you have participated in and your role in those productions.
- Names of 3 previous clients as referees.
If interested, below is the Submission Process:
All pilots and pitch documents must be uploaded here.
- No submissions emailed or dropped at the Pearl Magic offices will be accepted.
- Technical and editorial standards required by Pearl Magic will be set out in the production agreement.
- Pearl Magic will have the final editorial and creative control over all aspects of Commissioned Programming.
N.B: Failure to submit any of the above documents will lead to disqualification
The Evaluation and Selection Process will be done as follow:
- Receipt of proposals will be acknowledged by email notification.
- Proposals will then be evaluated by a panel of Judges selected by Channel Management.
- Pitching sessions for shortlisted proposals.
- Selection and notification of winning proposal.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is 20th May 2020
Read Also: Fashion Magician Judithiana Namazzi | She has tricks under her sleeves